You may use following Linux commands to try above. If you are new to Linux especially on a cloud infrastructure like AWS, the following would be useful.
AWS Instance Type: Amazon Linux (Redhat version)
1. lsblk – To check all volumes mounted
2. Then use the following to create a file system within the volume created
>> sudo mke2fs /dev/xvdf
3. Mount the created volume to an existing folder
>> sudo mount /dev/xvdf /mnt
4. Now check lsblk. You can see /mnt directory is mounted to /dev/xdvf folder.
5. Now you can copy files to the mounted folder
6. Id you want to unmount the volume you can use the following
>> sudo umount /mnt
Rating: 10.0/10 (1 vote cast)
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
Mounting and Unmounting Linux EBS volumes on AWS, 10.0 out of 10 based on 1 rating
This entry was posted by admin on April 20, 2018 at 5:00 pm, and is filed under Linux. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.